Life is a bowl of cherries.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Name that Boat!



Not all people own a boat. They do not deserve one. On account of lack of funds (me) or lack of time (me) or propensity to crash (it was not exactly a crash) into stationary objects (a bridge in plain view) or some other reason, a boat title has eluded me for all of my life.

However, nobody says that I cannot NAME a boat. Here is one that I thought appropriate for me after that unpleasant episode at the Balboa channel.

A boat has to have a good name--not one of those pasty little names. It should reflect something that has to do with something nautical, and a person's plight or actions. I might suggest "Little Toot" for Colman, but that name has been used. Or, perhaps, "helm-grabber" for Cameron for the way he wrenched control from me after only one small crash--er, accident.

Then, there is Nick whose family packed up a day early and "Cast-off" so they could handle some pressing business. And Big Nathan--what would his boat name be? He likes to fish, he usually catches them, but all the good fisherman names seem to be taken. I think I will ponder that one a while and give him an interim name until a suitable one can be found. How about "light kicker" or "Landon Lubber" or "Seadog"?

Put you mind to it, but if you can get me a better name than under tow, I would appreciate it.

Carl "Bridgekiller"

2 Comments:

Blogger Aubrey said...

I think it would be appropriate at this time for me to admit that I REALLY regret missing that boat trip.

The best part of it was Cam training Little Nathan to answer "Because he crashed the boat" when anyone asked him "Why is grandpa silly?"

10:10 AM  
Blogger Cameron said...

I didn't even have to train him!

Here is how it went -

Cameron: Nathan, are you silly?
Nathan: Yes.

Cameron: Am I silly?
Nathan: Yes.

Cameron: Who is the silliest?
Nathan: Grandpa.

Cameron: Why?
Nathan: Because he crashed our boat into the bridge! (Proceeds to crack up laughing..)

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home