Life is a bowl of cherries.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Where it all began


Here is my little photo of the sacred grove in Palmyra, NY. I looked around the grove and thought this was as good as any place to kneel and pray. And while it was raining a bit on and off, I sat on a nice bench and just meditated a bit. I am convinced again that Joseph Smith really did see The Father and the Son on that spring morning in 1820. I am comfortable with his account and I am comfortable with the facts as he laid them out. My understanding is beyond just being informed, it is something that I just know. I think it hit me when I was about 12 years old....and I still remember the feeling inside of something telling me that this was exactly the way it was to be. Thank God that I was born so close to the truth and that all I had to do was listen and search, ponder and pray and it would be given to me.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

That is a great post. I am grateful for your testimony and what it has taught me. I am jealous that you got to Palmyra...that has got to be great!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Carl- I have a painting of the sacred grove and I feel such peace every time I see the picture. Thank you for your posting. Love , April your favorite

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home